Friday, April 15, 2011

Good news....

...I have finally managed to replace my treadmill thingy. Great celebrations....!!! This is number 5. I am not allowed to get another if this one breaks. I have been told quite categorically. Dad refuses to negotiate any more long solid structures down and around our dog-legged stairs. He has a point. So having gone through two circuit boards (unable to be replaced due to age and unknown planet of origin), one electrical fault that caused the whole house to plunge into darkness when the 'on' switch was engaged, and a structural failure - my advice is as follows. If you are buying one - make sure you (a) can get parts, (b) know how old it really is, and (c) get it checked by a man who knows what he's talking about (thanks Kevin). Cheap isn't always cheerful.....

Dad has been busy yomping up Peel hill every morning as well as pounding the tarmac on the Marine Drive (oh yes, I found out - and it wasn't Hamish who told me!) so I really have to get my act together. Am now in a position to resume a full PW11 training schedule... long walks, blasts on the cross trainer and working up a good sweat on the treadmill thingy. Well that's if I have the time....

No comments:

Post a Comment